Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K – Camera Review
An Official Pathfinder Camera Review
We’re here to review the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K camera! This is a camera that we use frequently for video production of all sorts at Pathfinder.
Blackmagic didn’t skip the meat; the Pocket Cinema Camera 6K’s combination of high dynamic range, great low light performance and Blackmagic RAW gives you feature film images with precise skin tones and gorgeous organic colors.
While it might not actually fit in your pocket, this camera packs a punch in a small package. The 6K’s body is 7 inches wide, 3.8 inches tall, and 4 inches deep.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Excellent image quality
- Excellent depth of field
- Wide 13 stops of dynamic range for film looks
- Multifunction handgrip
- Professional audio support
- Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders
- Compatibility with a wide range of Canon EF-mount lenses
- Low price of entry compared to other cinema cameras
THE NOT SO GOOD
- Atrocious battery life
- Screen is hard to view outdoors
- Weak autofocus functions
- Mediocre in low light, with a maximum ISO of ISO 1600
- No internal ND filters
Filmmaker enthusiasts looking to level up everyday footage from amateur to professional for Youtube Content or short films.
Watch the video below to learn more about the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K and the official Pathfinder camera review!